1993 Mexico City, Mexico
Photographer from Fundación Pedro Meyer and Academia de Artes Visuales. Founder and curator in Femgrafia: a space dedicated to female photographers working in Ibero-America. Within her artistic practice, she collaborates writing articles due to the research and promotion of contemporary photography in Latin America.
Her work is highly influenced by the philosophical vanguard of Phenomenology in the behavior of the gaze, the interactions of oneself between objects, spatial explorations in experiences of transience and absence: memory, loss, and void.
Guerrero's work has been exhibited across Europe and Mexico, including international fairs such as Cosmos Arles Books. She has obtained the Sony World Photography Award 2018, POY Latam 2019, FOAM Paul Huf Award nominee and the Lucie Foundation Scholarship shortlist.
Her work has been featured and reviewed by international platforms including: Aesthetica Magazine, GUP Magazine, and Lensculture.
Group exhibitions and festivals:
- 2019 I Photometria: Parallel Voices, GR
- 2018 I PhotoIS:rael, Tel Aviv, IS
- 2018 I Organ Vida Festival, Museum of Contemporary Art, Zagreb
- 2018 I "Family of no man" Cosmos Arles Books, Arles,FR
- 2018 I "On death" group show 58 Humble Arts Foundation, US (online)
- 2018 I Hábitat Humano: Karne Kunst, Berlín.
- 2018 I BIPA: The best 50th photographer, Valid Foto Gallery, BCN
- 2018 I BFOTO Veintiocho veces veintiocho, Casa de la Cultura, Barbastro, ES
- 2018 I Streit House Space, Summer exhibition, US (online)
- 2018 I Sony World Photography Awards, Somerset House, UK
- 2017 I PHOTOSPHERE 1st edition, Patmos, GR
- 2016 I EJECT International Festival of video performance, MX
- 2016 I Group Exhibition Fundación Pedro Meyer, MX
- 2013 I Group Exhibition School of Visual Arts, MX
- 2017 I BFOTO EMERGENTES, Barbastro, Spain.
Press / Interviews / Features:
- 2019 I Mauer Mag, feature (onlline)
- 2019 I Artpil, feature (online)
- 2019 I Lenscratch, feature (online)
- 2019 I Velvet Eyes, feature (online)
- 2019 I Float magazine, feature (online)
- 2019 I Underexposed magazine, interview (online)
- 2018 I Shots Magazine Issue nº 141, publication (printed)
- 2018 I Time out Croatia: Organ Vida Festival artists, mention (online)
- 2018 I Lensculture: On photography and Storytelling, feature (online)
- 2018 I Streit House Space (online)
- 2018 I Aesthetica Magazine:Artist Directory, publication (online and printed)
- 2018 I Noticias 22, Interview (TV appearance and online)
- 2018 I Milenio, Interview (TV appearance and online)
- 2018 I El financiero, News, mention (online)
- 2017 I Photogrvphy Magazine, Winners of Chromatic Awards, feature (online)
- 2017 I GUP Magazine Portfolio Review (online)
- 2017 I Stop Magazine Issue 2, publication (printed)
- 2017 I Cultura Colectiva, feature (online)
- 2017 I Local MX, Portfolio Review (online)
- 2019 I On Death by Humble Arts Foundation and Kris Grave Projects, collective Book (upcoming)
- 2018 I Sony Photography Awards Photo Book (printed)
- 2017 I 1st Annual Chromatic Awards Photo Book (printed)
Awards and Honors
- 2019 I Flash Forward: top 100 winners by Magenta Foundation
- 2019 I POY Latam, 3rd place
- 2019 I FOAM Paul Huf Award, nominee
- 2018 I Neutral Density Photography Awards, Honorable Mention, International
- 2018 I Lucie Foundation Photo Made Scholarship, shortlist, US
- 2018 I Sony Photography Awards, National Award Winner, UK
- 2018 I Sony Photography Awards, Open commended shortlist, UK
- 2018 I FAPA Awards, Nominee Fine Art category, UK
- 2018 I FAPA Awards, Nominee Open Theme category, UK
- 2017 I Chromatic Awards, 1st Place Still Life category, International
- 2017 I Chromatic Awards, Honorable Mention People category, International
References available upon request.